You can do as much or as little as you are able, every bit helps.
Here are some ways you can get involved:
- Vote: As a Sherwood Park parent, you can vote at every meeting you attend. The best thing you can do, if you are able, is to come to a PAC meeting, check out the schedule here. We can’t say it enough: your opinion counts.
- Fundraise: You will hear about our fundraisers by email and in flyers sent home with the kids. Help out by including family and friends (and neighbours and colleagues and strangers…!) whenever possible. All the funds raised from our fundraisers - like the holiday goodies - are spent on our kids. Learn more about current fundraisers here. (Some of our events are organized to raise money for specific other things which will be mentioned in event descriptions).
- Donate: No time to volunteer or fundraise but you still want to help out? You can make donations directly to the PAC, learn how here.
- Volunteer: There are loads of opportunities with various levels of commitment – we are busy people, not everyone can give as much time as others! Visit our Volunteer page for ideas.
- Collect: some of our fundraisers are only successful because of the amazing donations from local businesses. Maybe you have contacts or connections that can help? Email us if you want further details.
- Participate: Whenever possible, participate in the events PAC organizes. We aim to enrich and foster the school community and for that to happen we need the community members – you and your kids!
- Dream: Share your ideas with us, we are always looking for new and creative ways to raise funds and beneficial ways to spend them!